Are we ready for the experience of being baptized
with the Holy Spirit? Would we be prepared to accept whatever manifestations
the Spirit revealed even if they made us uncomfortable? Would we identify
accurately whether or not the manifestations we saw were coming from
Consider the following scenarios and indicate whether or not you think the Holy Spirit would cause such a situation.
1) YES NO | In a church service, about several dozen men suddenly all start talking at once, apparently prophesying. This continues for some time.
2) YES NO | In the presence of a group of worshippers, a man is overcome by a spirit and begins to prophesy. He disrobes, is slain in the spirit (i.e. prostrated on the ground) and lays unclothed all day and all night.
3) YES NO | In the presence of a crowd of people, several dozen suddenly all start talking at the same with sounds you dont recognize. The noise is so cacophonous that many people are saying they must be drunk.
4) YES NO | While in a group of believers, one man says to another I can see that your heart is not right before God. You are a bitter person who is full of sin.
5) YES NO | After a man offers a prayer, he lays his hands on a group of about a dozen people and suddenly they all start talking at once in languages you dont recognize.
When finished answer the YES/NO questions above, click here for more information
What genuine miracle from God was being performed by Jesus?
Whose power did the teachers of the law say was behind Jesus miracle?
According to Jesus, who were they blaspheming by their statements?
What did Jesus indicate would be the result of this type of sin?
If we were to see an action inspired by the Holy Spirit and assign it to the counterfeiting work of Satan, would we be in the same situation as the teachers of the law?
Is it possible the Holy Spirit could manifest himself in a way that would offend us or make us feel uncomfortable?
How can we tell the true from the counterfeit if they appear all but identical? (see Isaiah 8:20, Matthew 7:15-27, Galatians 5:22-25, Deuteronomy 18:21, 22)
|ADDITIONAL STUDY GUIDES ON THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT|